Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sew Fabulous

I bought this beautiful old Brother sewing machine and table a while ago for a real steal! I plan to refinish the table since it has some water spots on the top of the lid. Thinking about maybe changing the knobs too.  Have decided to learn to sew and try to make some dresses.  Already have some Vogue patterns, so now I just have to learn how to sew them. :)


Here are some of the patterns I have bought.



The Butterick pattern is the easiest, so it will be the first one I'll tackle, I'm sure.  I saw on Dress A Day that Erin McKean was able to make Vogue 8728 twice.  After reading her first blog from the first time she attempted this dress, I'm a little intimidated by this pattern.  However, I do have a beautiful robin's egg blue lightweight knit cotton that I intend to use for this pattern and am still very excited about it!  

I love the Simplicity pattern (6549).  It has an adorable little collar and I love how versatile it is.  You can make a dress that, with the jacket is perfect for work and then take the jacket off for a cute little Happy Hour look!  

It's pretty safe to say that there are BIG plans for this machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment